Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kiki's Remembrance Quilt

As some of you know, we lost our oldest cat Kiki in October to cancer. She was a bitchy girl, but the house sure is quiet without her. I miss her very much, but decided to make a remembrance quilt for her. It's just a wall hanging that I can hang in my room, but the process has been good. Lots of memories :)


Here's a pic of the entire quilt top. It's pieced, but now I need to find the backing and binding fabric and quilt it.


The image above her head here is my attempt at embroidering a pecan pie. One of our most memorable times with her was one Thanksgiving when I made a pecan pie for my mom (who loves them) and Kiki jumped up onto the table and landed right in the middle of mom's pie! Mom, who really doesn't like cats at all, picked her up and tossed her right off the table! And Mom, doesn't really touch cats, LOL.





Just another pose :)





I found these little angel alphabet letters and embroidered them above the first row. Kiki was NOT an angel, but she sure is missed :)






This is my favorite picture ever of Kiki. All of these photos were taken by April Tchiguka of Dreadhead Artist Creations. Check out her website at www.dreadheadartist.com She does beautiful work and captured some of the most amazing pics of all my babies.

No comments: