Monday, May 28, 2007

We had rain!


My garden is sooooo happy because we've had rain the last three days. Spent about 2 hours weeding and freshening up the soil. I need to buy some compost and add that around my peppers and tomato plants. Plus, I probably need to get some fertilizer for my tomato plants too. They're growing great. I have a few blooms already :) The image is a little out of focus, but you get the idea.



And just check out my pepper plants...they all have little blooms on them! Just can't wait to see what they look like after another week. Below, the broccoli is just starting to show it's little head.


The pole beans are doing fantastic! Here are two shots of them: one from a distance, and one up close and personal so you can see the blooms developing.


















Then the bush beans have really started to sprout as well this week. I need to buy some more marigolds to plant amongst the beans to help keep the bugs away.


Next in line, the squash family. The spaghetti squash have started to poke their heads through the soil, and the acorn squash appears happy.


















Looks like we'll have 3 cucumber plants...which I'm sure will be quite enough. The birds or some other seed predator helped themselves to the rest of the seeds. I think cucumber seeds are the prettiest seeds I planted!


Well, that's all for today's installment. I need to go get some work done on the front yard and then we have to go mow and stuff at the house in Fisher's that still hasn't sold. Sigh.... If you know of anyone looking for a house in Fisher's here's the link to ours :) -


http://fctucker.katabat.com/content/PropertyBrochure.asp?listingNumber=2661980&agentNumber=7862

No comments: