Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Rotatilling 101


Wow! Ok, today was my introduction to rotatilling 101.


So, supposedly you just rock this thing back and forth and it "walks" forward. Let's just say, it took me awhile to get the hang of it. I think that thing would tunnel all the way down. Pud had to bail me out several times that first row...but I slowly got better.





I'm not sure who they thought might be more likely to get hurt...the rotatiller or me :P






It was truly a blast though! I had so much fun. I sure hope this garden grows....






So here's the list of what I'm planting this year:
Pole Beans
Tomatoes (regular and cherry)
Mixed Bell Peppers
Basil
Oregano
Catnip (of course...for Julie's cats and mine!)
Sunflowers
Radishes
Cucumbers
2 kinds of lettuce (Simpson Elite and a Leaf Lettuce blend) - Jim says the rabbits will surely enjoy my lettuce.


That's where I'm starting...I may add some things once I get that planted and see how I'm doing. My tomato ladders and my bean fence arrived yesterday. As soon as Jim and I get the fence around the garden, I'm going to get those up.
Next on the agenda...start raking out the extra grass and start moving the dirt into my rows. Then I'm going to get some straw to lay down in between the rows for walking on so I don't pack my dirt down.


Stay tuned...

No comments: