Sunday, May 24, 2009

Update on Life...yet again :)


Ok, I realize I must get better than one post every 5 months, LOL. I've been traveling pretty much non-stop since January. After my trip last week, I believe the majority of my traveling for Lilly is finished, at least for now. I even finished Kiki's quilt last week. Now I just need to post some pics of it. Feels good to have it done. Getting ready to start a new embroidery project and have lots of quilts to work on. Just a matter of finding the time for sewing.




The weather has been cooperating this weekend. Jim and I got the entire front flower bed mulched and a new butterfly bush planted. The garden is mostly finished, although I just got my cucumber and spaghetti squash seeds from Henry Fields so need to get those in the ground this weekend too. Everything went in really really late this year because of the rain, but we'll see how we do. I really enjoy the gardening, very peaceful and relaxing.


So here's a full shot of Kiki's quilt hanging in my room. I sure do miss her, more than I ever thought I could. Funny how the little monsters in our lives that we cuss daily when they're with us end up leaving such a hole when they are gone. Jim teases me and says we have Kiki "reincarnated" in Max (aka Maxine) the little cat living in the barn (one of Julie's rescues). She is very much like Kiki.....who knows? :)

No comments: